Saturday 20 October 2018

Sneak Peek at the Snowflake Showcase suite



In November Stampin' Up are releasing this gorgeous bundle of products for us to play with... introducing the Snowflake Showcase suite.  Today I have used one of the stamp sets (called "Snow is Glistening"), along with the matching framelits to create this simple but effective card.  Getting a new set is always exciting.... even I dont know what Im going to create sometimes. I just start, and it takes shape as I work.

For this card I started with the stencil of the snowflake.  I had cut the snowflake for another card, and then decided to use the stencil that was left over as the beginning point for this card. I sponged Mint Macaron ink inside the snowflake shape, and then I added the green snowflake flourish die cut in the same coloured cardstock.  Using Mint Macaron ink again I stamped a few random snowflakes in the background, and added those cute teeny tiny snowflakes in the darker Tranquil Tide ink.  The "Merry" is die cut from Champagne foil with the Merry Christmas thinlits, and the "Christmas" is from the matching stamp set, which I punched with the Classic Label punch. Lastly I added a few basic rhinestones.  I think the whole card ended up looking quite whimsical and spontaneous... which it kinda is!

If you love snowflakes you are going to love these items.  There is also another stamp set in the suite which is more of an "all year round" set.... they are more like stylised flower shapes.  Its called "Happiness Surrounds".  I'll be posting more cards made with these new products both here on the blog and of course even more often on my Facebook Business page. Make sure you have "liked" the page so that you can see my creations as I post them!

Here's a close up of my card today.... I hope you like it!


No comments: