Tuesday 30 October 2018

Happiness Surrounds Sneak Peek



In case you havent heard, on November 1st Stampin'Up are releasing a new suite of products called the Snowflake Showcase suite.  To be honest, I kind of wish they had called it something else... because it is a suite that is so much more than just snowflakes.  And here in Australia, thats important to a lot of people.  I've heard many times from customers that they dont "do" snowflakes at Christmas time.  Of course there are those that DO... me being one of them. I mean they are so pretty.... and when else do we get to use them?  I dont want to spend a life time not using snowflakes when they are so beautiful!

Having said all that... some of the products in the suite are not snowflake related.  For example, one of the sets is called "Happiness Surrounds"... and it is made up of a series of floral images as well as some cute sentiments.  AND it also matches the framelits in the suite... these are called the Snowfall thinlits.  So you can cut flowers and springtime elements with the framelits as well as die cut snowflake shapes.  The best of both worlds really!

The framelits feature 20 different dies.... and they can be used for a range of different types of cards.  Today I have used both the Happiness Surrounds set as well as the Snowfall thinlits on this simple little congratulations card.  I stamped my larger flower shape in Versamark and then embossed it in clear embossing powder.  I then sponged over it with Pineapple Punch ink.  I added a layer of gold starry washi tape and then my other die cut elements.  The larger die cut flower is cut from Black Foil, and I added a couple of the smaller flower from the set, and sponged the edges of that with Pineapple Punch ink.  I used a couple of embellishments to finish it off... some gold metallic thread, and a black faceted dot in the centre of the larger flower.

I love putting together little cards like this... the different elements work so well together! I hope you like it too!

Linda D

No comments: