Thursday 17 January 2019

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop for January 2019



Hello and Welcome to the Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop!  Its a new year and so this is a perfect time to jump in see what all of our talented scrappers have come up with this month!

This month's hop uses a sketch theme... here it is:


I actually love sketch themes... I am always amazed at how everyone in the hop interprets the sketch differently.  We all start with the same sketch, but the variety in projects is incredible!

Here is my layout:



Of course it really helps that this month we have BRAND NEW PRODUCTS to play with!  I started with one colour... Petal Pink....as this was the colour featured in my daughter's formal dress (that she is wearing in my photo today).  And lucky for me, its a colour that features quite prominently in our latest Occasions catalogue.  I used Whisper White 12"x12" cardstock as my base, and then added LOTS of different elements... mostly in Petal pink!  The printed vellum piece is Petal Pink, and of course I used Petal Pink cardstock as well. The gorgeous variegated ribbon is Petal Pink and white.... so a perfect match.  I also added some Butterfly elements from our current Sale-A-Bration catalogue.... how cute are those!




There is just a little stamping on this page... I used the "oil spot" stamp from the Geared Up Garage set in my background.  And I stamped the date and "Yr 10 Formal" with the Labeller Alphabet (one of my faves for scrapping!)... also with Petal Pink ink.   The flourishes at the corners of the design are from the Beautifully Detailed laser cut paper..... which is Petal Pink on one side, and white on the other (so you can make it any colour!).... its so easy to use!  And last - but most certainly not least - I used a little of the Grapefruit Grove foil paper (another SAB item) for the title "Friends" and also as an accent to the right of the picture.



I love how Stampin'Up makes it easy to co-ordinate colours and products!  It was one of the first and main reasons I switched to SU..... the whole co-ordination aspect make everything just work!

I was really happy with how this turned out!  I've included a product list below.  If you would like to purchase any of these items, just click on the one you want!  Items are delivered directly to your door, anywhere in Australia!

Thanks for visiting my blog today... the next blog to visit on our hop is that of Lisa Henderson (Canada)... Im sure you will LOVE what she has created this month!  Click her name which appears below mine in the list below.

Linda D

Product List

7 comments:

Libby Dyson said...

This is so soft and feminine, I love it. I love the use of the Butterfly Elements too. Thanks for the inspiration

Studio Shabaz - CreativeMe68 said...

Thank you Linda for playing along with us on the Sketch Blog Hop, I LOVE, LOVE your layout and how you have combined a couple of stamp set to create your layout.
I have to admit Petal Pink is not a colour I use all that much <3 Love this though <3
Cheers Shaz

Jessica Brigden said...

So beautiful! I love your use of texture with the wooden elements & ribbon.

andersonshel said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the color choice and the wood elements!

Kris McIntosh said...

This is stunning Linda. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

Studio Shabaz - CreativeMe68 said...

WOW!! I love this colour combination...
STUNNING example of the sketch...
I might just have to case you Linda.
Cheers Shaz

www.ACrowningCreation.com said...

What a beautiful layout. I love all the texture, patterned paper and the variety of elements you have used. Very nice.