Monday 9 March 2020

Flowering Foils and So Very Vellum square card



This little square card today features a couple of my favourite items from our Sale-A-Bration offering.... I've used both the Flowering Foils DSP AND the So Very Vellum paper as my background.  I love it when you can pair a couple of your favourites together on one card!

I used Sponge daubers to colour the rose in first (to see how I did that you can watch my video tutorial HERE), and then I fussy cut the rose with my scissors. When cutting I have a couple of tips... 1. Use small sharp paper scissors that allow you to get into smaller areas when cutting.  Our Paper Snips are perfect for this! 2. Move your paper when going around curves - rather than moving the scissors. You'll get a much smoother cut and its easier to control.

Once my rose was cut out I set it aside.  I attached the Mint Macaron So Very Vellum piece to a slightly larger piece of white cardstock with glue dots. I actually cut my vellum piece on an angle so that the dots would be diagonally placed on the card, but you dont have to do that if you prefer not to. I then attached the rose to the vellum piece with dimensionals.  I used my 2-1/4" circle punch to punch out the circle, and stamped my sentiment in Blackberry Bliss ink over to the left of the circle so it would show behind the rose, and slid the circle in behind the rose.  I attached the whole piece to my Blackberry Bliss card base. The sentiment is from the Forever Blossoms stamp set.

I finished the card off with several Champagne Rhinestones (for a bit of bling!) and some of our White Crinkled seam binding ribbon tied in a bow and glue dotted to the base of the rose.

I hope you like my little card today. I love the way the foiled DSP resists the ink colour so that you get a lovely shiny outline showing through. Its so effective.

The good news is that these two items are available right now with our Sale-A-Bration special! Every time you place a $90 order you qualify for a free item, and both the Vellum and Flowering Foils papers are available for free! To order, click HERE to head to the Online Store.

Or you can click the item you want below.  Enjoy!


Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$17.00

No comments: