Saturday 9 June 2018

Scrapbooking Layout with the Delightfully Detailed Laser-cut DSP



If you've been following along, you would know that this gorgeous Speciality paper is one of my absolute favourite items out of the brand new catalogue that was released on June 1st.  And is it any wonder when it is sooo beautiful??

Yesterday I sat down to design a scrapbook layout for an upcoming class. I knew I wanted to use this paper (I know the girls will love it!) and I knew I wanted to use this photograph.  Its almost a year since my mother passed away, but the beauty of this gesture still brings me to tears.  This rose was placed on her in the moments after she passed, and was such a simple but beautiful gift from the nurses in the unit where Mum had been.  They cared for her in such an amazing way, and I was so grateful for them.  So it was nice to be able to use this photograph in this way... and this paper is the perfect way to show it.

Its a little hard to see in the picture, but I used the paper itself as a mask over the background. I started with a piece of Very Vanilla 12" x 12" paper, placed my Laser cut DSP over the top and then spritzed the colour over the top, before removing the DSP.  In this way one piece of DSP could be used many times over.  I then cut a section of the paper to adhere over the corner of the photograph itself. The diet pieces are from the Stitched Labels framelit set, and I used my Large Letters framelits to cut the word "Cherish" from Champagne Foil paper.  The final touch was a bow tied with the Dotted Tulle Ribbon in Very Vanilla.



Its actually a very simple layout, but the DSP makes it so special with its intricate design.

I hope you like my layout today, and I really hope the girls at class this week love it too!

Linda D
x

No comments: