Monday 28 March 2016

Flowering Fields gets the Watercolour Treatment - Sale-A-Bration 2016



The count down is well and truly on now!  Only 3 more days of SAB 2016 remain, and I am making the most of it whilst I can!  Today's creation is made with the "Flowering Fields" stamp set.

Firstly I used my acetate stamp block (Block E) to create the background. I spritzed my block and then dropped a few drops of re-inker onto the wet block.  The colours are Wild Wasabi (the bottom half of the block) and then Pool Party and Lost Lagoon (the top half)  I mixed them carefully with a paintbrush (be careful not to over mix as they may "muddy").

I then "stamped" my prepared block onto a piece of Shimmery White cardstock. When you do this you will notice the colours be absorbed into the paper and mix with each other. Of course.. this also means you will get a different result every time.



I was in a bit of a hurry so instead of waiting for it to dry, I used my heat tool to carefully dry the background. You need it to be completely dry before you stamp the flower images onto it.

I used clear Versamark ink to stamp my flowers, and then embossed them in gold. I added a strip of Gold Metallic Tape across the bottom (also free) and added ribbon and my sentiment (punched out with the Washi Label Punch).

Although not a difficult card, this one does have a few steps. If you would like to see a video on how to do the background, please comment and let me know.

Don't forget that Sale-A-Bration 2016 ends on the 31st March.  Until then you will receive a free product with every $90 order that you place with Stampin'Up Australia. You can contact me by clicking HERE or you can just order through my ONLINE STORE.

I've included a product list below so that you can easily see everything you would need to create this project. Enjoy! x

Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

No comments: