Sunday 6 March 2016

Quick and Sweet card with Flowering Fields



There are times that I sit down to craft with just a few minutes to spare. Perhaps I've had an idea come to me in between all the craziness of the rest of my life and I just need to make it while I remember!  This calls for a quick card.....minimal cutting or layers, minimal colours. And thats today's card. After doing some less creative but necessary things yesterday, I just needed a few moments at my craft table before bed.... and this card is the result.

The card base is Mint Macaron, and I used the SAB set, Flowering Fields.  I stamped the flower images in Versamark and heat-embossed them in white.  Then I sponged Mint Macaron ink over the flowers and base of the card. I added some of our white Organza ribbon around the top, and a sentiment across the middle.  Done in just a few minutes!

I love that Stampin'Up! have used Australian flora images for these stamps! The Waratah is my favourite though... I've always loved these flowers. They were my grandmother's favourite too! The photo below was taken of me with them in the bush not far from my home.  They only flower right around September so I always try to get a photo when I can. 



And of course this set is yet another one free with a $90 order!

If you would like to see what other creative moments I get up to you might like to visit my Business Facebook Page.   If you hit the "like" button on the Facebook page you will see when I update it, and be able to keep up with all my blog posts here as well as other photos, specials and ideas that get uploaded there.  And if you are on the Central Coast, don't forget to check out the Class Schedule so that you can come along and enjoy creating with me and other fellow-crafters in your community! 

Have a wonderful Sunday! 

Linda 

No comments: